Make Your House a Realtor’s Dream By Following These Low-Cost DIY Tips!
First impressions are everything when it comes to selling your home. Do these minor repairs and improvements and make a world of difference!
1. Paint your front door and trim for a great first impression. An accent color can make a big splash!
2. Paint one accent wall in a room that needs some personality.
3. Caulk and grout your bathroom where needed.
4. Replace any rusted or worn light fixtures or fans.
5. Upgrade light switch plates, doorknobs or other hardware that shows wear.
Green tip: re-using is recycling! Donate your household items. The Vietnam Veterans of American offer curb-side pick-up. Call 1-800-775-VETS or visit scheduleapickup.com
* * *
Add space and beauty simply by following these three rules:
1. Declutter by putting mail in an attractive basket. Minimize your knick-nacks.
2. Put a tall vase of flowers on the kitchen table. Height creates a feeling of elevation. Yellow is a luminous spring color and is associated with happiness and optimism!
3. Lighten a dark room with a neutral or light-tint paint. Add personality and splashes of bright color using a fun set of pillows, vases of flowers, or a new accent rug.